Welcome to the business cards resources section on pipo!
Find articles, resources and recent trends in business cards design and printing.
Business Card Communication's Dynamics
You got 10 seconds. The dynamics of making an everlasting impression.
When you hand out your business card, you only got 10 seconds to make an impression.
When your business card lands in the hand of your recipient here is what happens:
- He/She will hold you business card.
- Feel your business card. (Thickness)
- Look at your business card. (Design and Texture)
- Flip your business card. (Backside)
- Set your business card in his/her pocket.
- Later on he will either store your card or set it aside.
So, what makes your business card stands out, create that everlasting impression and effectively work for you as a great communication tool?
To answer this question, let's analyze relevant business card attributes related to the above recipient behavior.
How your business card look and feel?
Your card paper stock plays an important rule in the effectiveness of your business card.
Paper Stock thickness:
A thicker stock makes your card standout.
A thick stock examples:
- 16pt card stock
- 14pt card stock
- Satin laminate (Silk Cards)
- Gloss laminate
- Metallic Board
Paper Stock Texture
Choosing a paper stock texture for your cards compliments stock weight.
Paper texture examples:
- White Uncoated Business Card Paper (Bright Whites | Off Whites)
- Colored Uncoated Business Card Paper (Light Colors | Bright Colors | Blacks)
- Coated Business Card Paper (Glossy | Matte | Colors)
- Metallic Business Card Paper (Metallic Colors)
- Textured Uncoated Business Card Paper (Linen Textures | Laid Textures | Duplex)
- Textured Coated Business Card Paper (Glossy Embossed Textures)
- Translucent Business Card Paper (Glama Natural | UV Ultra II)
- Pressure Sensitive Business Card Paper (Stickers)
- Ultra Heavy Textured Business Cards Paper
Finishing / Bindery Options
Choosing a special finish and or bindery option adds class to your card and can be part of your branding.
Bindery / Finish examples
- Spot UV
- Round Corners
- Metallic Spot Colors / Metallic All
- Embossing / Debossing / perforation
- Heat treatment (specially with embossing on UV ultra paper)
So, before you order your business card, it is important to make the right choice of your business card paper and finishing options to make sure you get the best out of your business cards
How to Use a Business Card for a Great Introduction.
Business cards can be used in a variety of marketing methods. However, how do you handle distributing a business card when in person, having a communication with a potential customer?
Here is how to handle this situation professionally and create potential customers while doing so.
To effectively use your business card to help you and not hurt you here is what I would recommend.
1) Introduce yourself to the person you want to speak with.
2) Ask them the questions that are relevant to or around the circumstances of your meeting
3) Make some other conversation around the answers that you receive and share a little bit about yourself….BUT…don’t “barf” over your new friend with an overload of information.
4) Before ending the conversation politely ask. “Do you by any chance have a card?” If they do, say, “Great, here is mine! It has been nice talking with you””